We are proud to announce Matomo 4.10.0: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
This is a maintenance release improving the reliability and stability of Matomo, fixing several bugs and improving the user interface.
One useful feature to note is the Tag Manager now provides a « stick to top » or « stick to bottom » toggle to allow moving the preview window, avoiding blocking visibility of other page elements.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
31 tickets have been closed by more than 16 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to get professional support and guidance.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 4.10.0 release there is one breaking change where previously static json files are no longer considered safe to serve and generated htaccess files will now exclude them. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 90 plugins already compatible with Matomo and this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Matomo team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
New guides and FAQs
- Tour of Matomo – overview of the reporting interface
- PCI compliance
- Does Matomo have a secure infrastructure?
- In which locations does the Matomo Cloud store the data?
- Can I compare the data imported from Google Analytics with other sites in Matomo?
- Rate limits when tracking media events
- Best practises for creating an integration between Matomo and a CMS
Need help upgrading Matomo?
List of 31 tickets closed in Matomo 4.10.0
- #18884 Data protection: Hide visitor id in visits log if profile is disabled [by @sgiehl]
- #19157 Make Widgetize page translatable [by @korve, @sgiehl]
- #18947 Fix console command to disable 2FA for a user [by @sgiehl]
- #19125 Fix display issue with z-index for widgets that use tables with embedded dashboards [by @sgiehl]
- #18810 Ensure JS tracker unload event is triggered in edge cases to make sure tracking requests are sent [by @peterhashair]
- #18128 Make JSON config / package static files unreachable via a GET request [by @sgiehl]
- #18967 System check – don’t request private directories when disabled [by @bx80]
- #19118 Fix error when setting license key from command line [by @bx80, @justinvelluppillai]
- #19124 Fix error when adding new goals if no previous goals exist for website/measurable [by @MichaelRoosz]
- #19127 PHP8.1 compatibility fixes in referrers plugin [by @MichaelRoosz]
- #19088 Create assets folder if it is missing when writing Report [by @samjf, @sgiehl]
- #19102 Ensure required translations are loaded for Goal management [by @sgiehl, @justinvelluppillai]
- #19113 Add languageName property to PiwikGlobal type [by @diosmosis]
- #19156 Rename MenuDropdown component to avoid any case mismatches [by @sgiehl, @justinvelluppillai]
- #271 Tag Manager: Change the location of Preview window [by @AltamashShaikh]
- #473 Fix typo in getAvailableContainerVariables [by @comradekingu, @AltamashShaikh]
- #474 Updated MatomoTagDescription to remove piwik [by @AltamashShaikh, @tsteur]
- #475 Use TemplateParameters instead of raw window in PageHostname var [by @ulcuber, @AltamashShaikh]
- #7089 Improves detection for generic bots [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7091 Adds detection for Amazon ELB bot [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7093 Detect new brands: X-AGE, QLink and devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7095 Detect Open Browser [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7097 Detect browsers: BrowseHere, Midori Lite, Pure Lite Browser, Berry Browser, Fulldive, Hi Browser, SuperFast Browser. Amaze Browser, Smart Search & Web Browser, Aloha Browser Lite [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7098 Detect new brands: Aoro, EBEN, VUCATIMES and Detect devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7100 Detect new brands: Zonko, Zeeker, TJC, HOTREALS and Detect devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak]
- #1313 Add socialine.net [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1314 Add glktfw.net [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1315 Add advertisefree.co.uk [by @metmarkosaric, @spmedia]
- #1316 Add hilaryblog.top [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1317 Add goodcoffeepremium.com [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1319 Add kimblog.top [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!