We believe in openness, privacy and 100% data ownership. Matomo’s mission is to liberate analytics and we are passionate about measuring for success. These core values are ingrained into everything we do here at Matomo and that will never change.
Who we areMatomo is an open source project brought to you by the Matomo team members as well as many other contributors around the globe.
We will never sell your personal data to anyone.
What We Collect and ReceiveIn order for us to provide you the best possible experience on our websites, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Contact us via email — for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem, we will collect your name, email address, message, etc. We use this data solely in connection with answering the queries we receive.
- Usage data — when you visit our site, we will store: the website from which you visited us from, the parts of our site you visit, the date and duration of your visit, your anonymised IP address, information from the device (device type, operating system, screen resolution, language, country you are located in, and web browser type) you used during your visit, and more. We process this usage data in Matomo Analytics for statistical purposes, to improve our site and to recognize and stop any misuse.
Opt-out of website trackingYou can opt out of being tracked by our Matomo Analytics instance below:
Your RightsYou have the right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Matomo, a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to ask from us a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with us directly and/or you using our site and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
SubprocessorsWe use a select number of trusted external service providers for certain technical data processing and/or service offerings. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered and we contractually bind them to keep any information we share with them as confidential and to process Personal Data only according to our instructions.
Matomo uses the following subprocessors to process the data collected by our websites:
|Subprocessor||Data location and security||Service|
|AlwaysData||Europe, France||Secure infrastructure for servers and databases and logs hosted in Paris, France.|
Third party services we useWhen you visit our websites, or purchase products or services, we use the following third party services which may collect personal data:
|Matomo Cloud||To collect and analyse information about how you interact with our websites (web analytics), and to recognize and stop any misuse||Legitimate interest||Germany and Ireland||Anonymised IP address, Pages visited, browser and device used, mouse movements, anonymised key strokes, and more.||link|
|Youtube||To play videos||Legitimate interest||USA||IP address||link|
|Userlike||To be able to chat with you||Legitimate interest||Germany||Message, Name, Email, ...||link|
|MadMimi||To send you our newsletter emails after you signup||Explicit consent||USA||link|
|Discourse Hosting||To create an account on our forum||Contract||Germany||Email address, Username, Name, Password, Posts||link|
|Matomo Marketplace shop||To create an account on our shop||Contract||France||Username, Password, Names, Email, Payment information, Phone number Physical address||link|
|HelpScout||To receive and reply to your messages after you contact us||Legitimate interest||USA||IP address, Message sent, Name, Email...||link|
|Amazon AWS||To improve the page performance of our website and to host our videos||Legitimate interest||Worldwide||Server logs (IP address, user agent...) are stored in Germany||link|
|PayPal and Braintree||To receive payments||Legitimate interest||USA||Payment transactions details (name, payment details, IP address…)||link|
|Lever||To receive job applications and reply to applicants||Explicit consent||USA||Job application details (Email, name, CV/Résumé, IP address…)||link|
|Quickchannel||To sign up for the webinar, receive confirmation, reminder and follow-up emails and participate in webinars||Explicit consent||Sweden (EU)||Name, Email, Company, Phone number, IP address, Browser information, Operating system, Type of device, Screen size, Internet connection||link|
|HubSpot||To send marketing materials relevant to your interests||Explicit consent||EU||link|
|HubSpot||To receive webinar signup confirmation, reminder and follow-up emails||Explicit consent||EU||link|
Matomo Connector for Looker Studio
We also provide the Matomo Connector for Looker Studio (the “Connector”), designed to facilitate the seamless integration of your Matomo On-Premise account data with Looker Studio. Should you choose to activate or utilise the Matomo Connector, please be aware of the following:
- Data Export: Upon activation of the Matomo Connector, all data stored within your Matomo account will be exported to Looker Studio. This transfer is initiated by you and is under your control.
- Data Privacy: Once your data is exported to Looker Studio, it will be governed by the applicable Looker Studio terms of service and policies provided by Google. We strongly advise you to review their terms and policies and understand the implications before initiating the data transfer.
- Privacy Considerations: Transferring data, especially visitor data, to external platforms can have privacy implications. It’s crucial to ensure that you have the necessary permissions and have considered the privacy ramifications of such a transfer.
- Exclusive Connector Use: To ensure the security and privacy of your data, we recommend exclusively using the Matomo Connector for this integration. Avoid using third-party connectors or tools for Looker Studio that claim compatibility with Matomo, as we cannot vouch for their security or data handling practices.
Retention of dataWe will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Matomo’s legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or pseudonymized information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our Site, improve our Services or comply with legal obligations.
Contact UsE-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact form: matomo.org/contact
Our EU Representative as a controller or processor not established in the Union (article 27 GDPR) is:
ePrivacy Holding GmbH
Große Bleichen 21
External Data Protection Officer
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your information, please contact email@example.com.
If you wish to communicate directly with our data protection officer (because you have a particularly sensitive matter for example), please contact them by post, as communication by e-mail could always have security gaps. Please state in your request that your concern relates to the company InnoCraft.
Learn more in our other pages: Web Analytics & Privacy, List of Features, Matomo supporters and Testimonials. Matomo is a Free Software designed to last.