By default, you will not be able to view historical data after installing a new plugin in Matomo.
You may sometimes be able to get the historical data by invalidating and reprocessing your reports. See How to invalidate historical data? Reprocessing historical data will help you view the historical reports for the plugins which uses existing RAW data.
Reports where you can view historical data
- Users Flow – you can reprocess the historical data
- Multi attribution – you can reprocess the historical data
- Custom Reports – see How do I get reporting data for dates in the past when I create a new custom report?
- Roll-Up reporting – see When I create a Roll-Up, will I see the reports for the past historical data as well? and also How do I disable the generation of reports in the past when I create a Roll-Up?
- Funnels – see How do I get funnel reports for data that was tracked in the past?
- Cohorts – invalidate and reprocess your data (for example the last 3 months) to get the historical Cohorts reports
Reports where re-processing will not work
There are reports where you can’t view historical reports because the data which is needed to aggregate these reports will only be collected after the installation of these plugins:
- Form Analytics
- Media Analytics
- A/B Testing
- Heatmap & Session Recording
- WooCommerce Analytics