We are proud to announce Piwik 3.0.4: a new minor release of Piwik Analytics.
In this release we have focused on fixing a few small issues and making improvements for platform plugins developers.
42 tickets have been closed by more than 8 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or contact the Business Support Team to make the most of your Piwik Analytics and get professional support (paid support).
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- Support our efforts by donating to the project.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 48 plugins already compatible with Piwik 3 but we think this is just the beginning. Piwik is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated guides and FAQs
- User guide: Heatmaps
- User guide: Session Recording
- FAQ: Heatmap and Session Recording
- Blog: Still on Piwik 2? Update now to Piwik 3, the most efficient and secure Piwik version
- Blog: Different ways of embedding the Piwik tracking code for faster website performance
- Blog: Tracking User Acquisition and Social Media Activity with Piwik
- FAQ: How do I use Piwik with the keyboard and which keyboard shortcuts are available?
- We’re hiring! New job offer: Online Content & Email Marketer
- List of Features in Piwik Analytics
- FAQ: How do I accurately measure the time spent by visitors on my pages, including the time spent on the last page of their visit? (using the heart beat timer)
- FAQ: What is the difference between Custom Dimensions and Custom Variables?
- FAQ: How do I use Piwik without installing the platform on a server?
- FAQ: Which media players are currently supported?
By the Piwik team and InnoCraft:
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Piwik team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
- iOS SDK 4.0.0-beta release fully rewritten in Swift
- Android SDK 2.0.0 with many new features including offline tracking
- C# SDK 3.0.0 with new features and bug fixes
Congratulations to the SDK maintainers and contributors for these great releases!
Need help upgrading Piwik?
List of 42 tickets closed in Piwik 3.0.4
- #11702 On mobile, show row actions on click [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11685 Let plugins customize the system summary widget [by @tsteur]
- #11687 Add possibility to filter list of plugins in « plugin:list » command [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #11708 Add support for email and url form fields [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11686 Add possibility to ignore « no data recorded » screen for one hour [by @tsteur]
- #11359 In Widgetized iframe dashboard, using features such as Row Evolution breaks the dashboard (it becomes a white screen) [by @sgiehl]
- #11446 Upgrader does not delete files that were removed in a newer Piwik version [by @sgiehl]
- #11558 In Scheduled reports, graphs display icons too big in the graph labels (for country, browser and OS) [by @sgiehl, @Findus23]
- #11635 Move old brand icons to piwik icons [by @Findus23, @sgiehl]
- #11681 Plugin config of a required plugin should be loaded before the requiring plugin [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11693 Make it possible to customize the `No data available` message shown in reports [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #11629 Improve message in plugin admin if a plugin is not found in filesystem [by @sgiehl]
- #11701 Login: No autocorrect and no autocapitalize on iOS [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10625 Add submodules for LoginLdap and Bandwith plugins [by @mattab, @sgiehl]
- #10927 Add LoginLdap plugin as a submodule [by @mattab]
- #11665 Exposing more cookie methods in tracker: methods setSessionCookie, getCookie, hasCookies, getCookieDomain, getCookiePath, and getSessionCookieTimeout [by @tsteur]
- #11675 Automatically load required plugins during test [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11682 Unload plugin instead of deactivating it when a plugin has a missing dependency [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11683 Make sure plugins in config.ini.php are sorted depending on dependencies [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #7987 Scheduled report name is double encoded [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #11459 Scheduled PDF Reports: Wrong time saved [by @sgiehl]
- #11678 Make sure required plugins are loaded in correct order [by @tsteur]
- #11689 Fix giving a user access to a site is not possible when login is numeric [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11690 Fix a bug in the join generator when same table is present multiple times [by @tsteur]
- #11590 forum signup/login via github auth
- #11691 [automatic translation update] Updated 424 strings in 13 languages (zh-cn, fi, ko, nl, sr, cs, es, fr, ja, de, el, sq, zh-tw) [by @sgiehl]
- #11494 Piwik Marketplace (upload Plugin) not possible without internet [by @sgiehl]
- #11619 Fix getVisitInformationPerServerTime API method to handle Datatable Maps [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #11668 JS Tracker: prevent IE 7 error [by @mattab]
- #11672 Use SSL to fetch SEO stats metrics [by @mattab]
- #11674 Notice – Undefined index: headers in PageSpeedCheck.php [by @mattab]
- #11698 Added missing method rowCount to db classes [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11704 Add possibility to specify column suffix in dataTable row [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #11679 Release Piwik 3.0.4-b [by @mattab]
- #11699 Release Piwik 3.0.4-rc1 [by @mattab]
- #11711 Release Piwik 3.0.4-rc2 [by @mattab]
- #600 added thesmartsearch.net [by @jeffmcneill, @spmedia]
- #601 Add piulatte.cz [by @spmedia]
- #602 Add gearcraft.us [by @spmedia]
- #603 Add paidonlinesites.com & landoftracking.com [by @STRML, @spmedia]
- #54 Remove unneeded fonts from cPchart to keep Piwik release package smaller [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #34 Add hiddenkeyword path regex for Yahoo! Japan [by @dan-blanchard, @sgiehl]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Piwik even more awesome by getting involved in Piwik!