Welcome to the latest Piwik 1.9 the most awesome Piwik release to date.
What’s new in Piwik 1.9?
Three MAJOR new features: Page Transitions, Site Search Analytics, and Easy Geo Location. Learn all about them in the Piwik 1.9 release blog post
NOTICE: This new version contains major database schema changes, so please be careful when running the Update script. On large Piwik setups (if your Piwik database is 100Mb size or more), make sure to run the Update Script from the Shell!
After You Update
- Please use the forums for free support.
- After the update, if you get a white page or the CSS is not working (Piwik appears black and white), see this FAQ.
- We really appreciate if you can spread the word about Piwik on your twitter, blog, website, to your friends, at conferences, etc.
Already 300,000 websites have liberated their web analytics but this is just the beginning. Thank you for your support!
New FAQs & Documentation
- Transitions. See how visitors find a given page, and where they go from here.
- Site Search. Learn how to enable & use internal search keyword tracking
- How do I get the GeoIP databases to improve accuracy of Country detection, and detect visitors’ Cities and Regions?
- How do I install the GeoIP PECL extension?
- How do I install the GeoIP module for Apache?
- How do I install the GeoIP module for Nginx?
- How do I apply accurate geolocation to old visits, after updating to Piwik 1.9?
- How do I make « Transitions » feature work faster on high traffic websites?
- The numbers from Transitions don’t match other numbers shown in Piwik. Why?
- If you were using Mysqli in Piwik 1.8.4, you might have experienced a bug causing some page titles to be recorded incorrectly. Find the solution in this ticket.
- Updated Analytics API Reference to document the new parameters &showColumns=1 / &hideColumns=1
New Blog Posts
- Using Custom Variables in Piwik
- Custom Variables case study on the content rich website divezone.net
- WordPress Integration with the great WP-Piwik plugin
- Community Survey Results blog post.
- Piwik Mobile 1.9 release
List of 15 tickets fixed in this release
- Security: thanks to Security Researcher Maxim Rupp who responsibly disclosed a XSS via our security bounty program.
- #1823 Include GeoIP in core after improvements
- #2159 Add a Select list in the graph footer, to select periods to plot: 30, 100, 365
- #2992 Advanced Internal Site Search tracking & analytics, for internal search engines and keywords
- #3332 Transitions: reports about previous and following actions for each page URL
- #3408 Showing http://http://example.org for outlinks when using MYSQLI
- #3386 SQL queries to update Piwik to version 1.8.4 are shown with comments therefore breaking them
- #3402 Piwik 1.8.4 : Page Name with multiple levels is incorrect on mysqli
- #3289 Do not run OPTIMIZE queries on innodb tables
- #3311 Piwik_Archive_Single::preFetchBlob can select extra unnecessary blobs
- #3378 All Websites data shows data for correct day, but calendar shows a day off
- #3381 Row Evolution regression, broken for reports other than actions
- #3387 Error: The date … is not a correct date range
- #3405 when archive.php is run multiple times, each concurrent run should archive different websites
- #3415 Search engine keyword link to Yandex.ru instead of .com
- #3383 archive.php curl requests do not set user agent