Roll-Up Reporting lets you easily aggregate data from multiple websites, mobile apps and shops into a Roll-Up site to gain new insights and save time.
Roll-Up Reporting is a premium feature which is included in our Cloud-hosted Business plans or you can purchase it on the Matomo Marketplace if you self host Matomo On-Premise. Learn more about all the benefits and features of Roll-Up Reporting.
When to use a Roll-Up site
Roll-Up Reporting lets you aggregate data from multiple websites and apps into one single site. It lets you answer questions like « How many visits happened on all of my websites and apps? » and « Which campaigns contributed the most across several of my websites? » or « How do my various Brands overall compare with each other? »
When you have several shops (eg white-labels) it is very valuable to see how your ecommerce shops are performing overall. Or when you are a web agency and you are serving many customers and want to provide each customer with a single aggregate view of all their web properties.
You can create Roll-Ups in the Websites Management the same way you would create a regular website or app.
To create a Roll-Up, follow the steps below:
1. Click on « All Websites » on the top right
2. Click on « Add a new website », a pop up will appear
3. Click on « Roll-Up » to create a Roll-Up
4. Name your Roll-Up as desired
5. Choose the websites from the dropdown under « Source measurables » or search for a term and add all the websites which contains the search term
6. Configure the currency and time zone of your preference
7. Click on « Save »
Note: Super User access is required, in order to create a Roll-Up.
If you want to change a Roll-Up at a later point, simply go to “Measurables: Manage” again and click on the “edit-icon” for the Roll-Up you want to change. You can create as many Roll-Ups and assign as many websites and apps to it as you wish.
Viewing reports of Roll-Ups
You can view all reports for Roll-Ups just like you do for any other website or app. To make it easier for you, we prefix Roll-Ups in the “website selector” and “All Websites Dashboard” with “[Roll-Up]”. This allows you to quickly identify such sites and search for them.
Visits log and real time reports
In the Visits Log and Real-time widget you will see all visitors across several websites. To still know which website a visit belongs to, the name of the website is shown above the visit details.
Roll-Up site’s visits log shows users across websites
Real time widget showing users across the Roll-Up websites
- View all Roll-Ups related FAQs
- FAQ: How do I measure and get reports for my page sections / categories / mini-sites / languages? (explains using Custom dimensions within a single website VS tracking in different websites and using Roll-up to aggregate)