Become Matomo GDPR Compliant
The GDPR is now in effect, is your business compliant?
Are you ready for General Data Protection Regulation (in Germany known as Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO))? The GDPR is all about giving EU citizens control over their personal data, by ensuring companies in Europe and worldwide will process the personal data of European citizens carefully and following best practices and strict rules.
How to make your Matomo installation GDPR compliant?
- Making sure employees are familiar with the risks and challenges around use of personal data within Matomo (Piwik)
- Review and identify how your current work processes may be affected by the new GDPR
- Understand the data you are collecting with Matomo (Piwik) and have access to,
- Implement and enforce data retention policies and how to collect data while respecting your customers privacy (for example using automated anonymisation capabilities)
- Communicate with your customers transparently, and offering them choice such as asking for consent, offering to opt-out, or ability to erase their personal data.