We are proud to announce Piwik 3.0.0-beta3: our third public beta release of the new Piwik 3!
Piwik 3.0.0-beta3 brings many improvements to Piwik compared to Piwik 2.X, including a full redesign of the application and several major improvements in the core analytics platform and core plugins APIs. To learn more about Piwik 3 read our recent posts: Piwik 3: New UI design, API changes & release date, and Piwik 3: Important notes and breaking changes.
disableHeartBeatTimer will help, and 3) you can now specify a unix socket when using Redis Cache. See the full list of changes below.
This release could only be possible thanks to our dedication and love for our mission at Piwik, which is “To create, as a community, the leading international open source digital analytics platform, that gives every user full control of their data”.
38 tickets have been closed by 15 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
- Report any bug you experience or your feedback about Piwik 3 in our issue tracker,
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik 3! For example if you write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik, it really helps the project grow. We need your support!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- We can help you make the most of Piwik Analytics. Contact us via Professional support to get started.
- If you’re upgrading from Piwik 3 beta2, this release does not trigger any new database upgrade.
- If you’re upgrading from Piwik 2: This release contains major database upgrades and upgrading your database will take a long time if you have a lot of data in your database. Please make sure you read the Update Piwik guide for high traffic instances.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 3.0.0 release there are many improvements to the core platform: Breaking API changes, New features, New APIs, New commmands, API deprecations, and a new developer guide. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 65 plugins extending Piwik but we think this is just the beginning. Piwik is your universal data analytics platform!
Read more about migrating a plugin from Piwik 2.X to Piwik 3 in our Migration guide.
If you are missing some functionality in Piwik or need a bug fixed, or if you need a new custom feature developed especially for you, you can sponsor the development of it. Fill in this form to get started.
No feature or bug fix were sponsored in this new release, which was the result of the private and dedicated work of the creators and makers of Piwik.
List of 38 tickets closed in Piwik 3.0.0-beta3
- #2137 PDF/HTML Reports: Expand Actions reports (and some others) by default [by @cbuchli]
- #10836 HowTo Disable Heartbeat on Single Page App with multiple siteIds [by @tsteur]
- #10870 Scheduled reports: Flatten all the reports [by @mattab]
- #10829 Add maxlength attributes to various input boxes [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #9345 Exit page url is not correct when last action of a visit is a download or outlink
- #10735 Visits Over Time widget bug when clicking on current day twice
- #10821 Disable Languages Manager in config.ini.php doesn’t disable it [by @sgiehl]
- #10850 Pie chart for Length of Visits has caption « 30 min » instead of « 30+ min » [by @mattab]
- #10853 [automatic translation update] Updated 214 strings in 33 languages (uk, pt, id, ar, bg, cs, da, de, el, es, fi, fr, hi, it, ja, ko, nb, nl, pl, pt-br, ro, ru, sk, sq, sr, sv, tl, tr, vi, zh-cn, et, ta, ca) [by @sgiehl]
- #10352 World Map update (Lesotho, Palestine) [by @polyfloyd, @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #10371 Show version of piwik at install [by @mattab]
- #10547 Allow to install Piwik in database name containing a hyphen « – » [by @wronan, @mattab]
- #10668 Add Bandwitdth plugin as a submodule [by @mattab]
- #10799 Update Marketplace to work with new API [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10807 Ensure component updated event is triggered even if there is no update file [by @sgiehl]
- #10823 Show more ways of how users can donate [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10824 Better async tracker initialization to not having to use _paq.push [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10825 Fix a posix function was called that may not exist on the server [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10828 Move method for setting location provider from controller to api [by @sgiehl]
- #10831 Document in changelog all widget URLs API changes [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #10833 when using a custom logo still display « Piwik » at the end of the page title [by @mattab]
- #10845 New PHP API method that lets us know if we segment will be archived [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10847 Remove deprecated PIWIK_AUTOMATION encrypted token [by @mattab]
- #10868 Document new possibility to specify a unix socket for Redis cache [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #5553 Improve device detection [by @DaimonPl, @sgiehl]
- #5557 Remove extra filler in README description [by @719media, @sgiehl]
- #5559 Fixed typo for Backlink-Check.de robot [by @King2500, @sgiehl]
- #14 Allow to use unix socket for redis backend [by @deees, @tsteur]
- #24 Github > GitHub [by @lipis, @mattab]
- #25 dribbble > Dribbble [by @lipis, @mattab]
- #26 reddit > Reddit [by @lipis, @mattab]
- #535 Add 3-letter-domains.net [by @mouse-reeve, @spmedia]
- #537 Add alfabot.xyz [by @juukie, @spmedia]
- #539 Add abcdefh.xyz [by @juukie, @spmedia]
- #540 Add advokateg.xyz [by @juukie, @spmedia]
- #541 Add arendovalka.xyz [by @juukie, @spmedia]
- #543 Add biteg.xyz [by @juukie, @spmedia]
- #156 Add pingdom to EXCLUDED_USER_AGENTS list [by @goetzk, @mattab]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Piwik even more awesome by getting involved in Piwik!