Piwik 2.6.0 is a new major release of Piwik! In this release we have focused on improving usability, reliability, and overall worked on the core platform to provide better APIs.
48 tickets have been closed by 7 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- Contact Piwik Experts for any enquiry, custom development or to learn more about making the most of Piwik
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 2.6.0 release there are API deprecations (regarding the json format), a new commmand (to let you execute scheduled tasks) and some Internal changes.
-> Check out this CHANGELOG.md file (in the root of Piwik) to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 23 plugins extending Piwik but we think this is just the beginning!
New and updated guides and FAQs
- Piwik featured in TrustRadius buyer’s guide
- End of Piwik Mobile 1 – Focus is on Piwik Mobile 2
- How to create a widget – Introducing the Piwik Platform
- How to create a scheduled task – Introducing the Piwik Platform
- How to create a custom theme in Piwik – Introducing the Piwik Platform
- How do I configure my Piwik server to allow cross domain requests? (CORS)
- It’s Piwik Analytics Survey time: Your Opinion Matters! or direct link to survey – maybe you could take 5 minutes to fill the survey?
List of 48 tickets closed in Piwik 2.6.0
- #6089 Reports for today will be processed every 150 seconds instead of previous default 10s (real time reports)
- #5977 When there are many goals, show them grouped in a selector [by @tsteur]
- #5982 PiwikDebugger: a new plugin to debug a Piwik instance without FTP access (troubleshooting toolkit).
- #5989 Let users define a Goal as « Goal is triggered when visitor send an Event » [by @tsteur]
- #6045 Add hooks to Live plugin and let other plugins extend it [by @tsteur]
- #6071 Use an event to collect visitor information and made sure UI works even when minimum plugins are enabled [by @tsteur]
- #5414 Entering Settings doesn’t work after update to 2.4.0 [by @tsteur]
- #5850 Piwik.js JS tracker: allow developer to pass a ‘callback’ argument [by @Sija, @mattab]
- #5863 Split core language files into plugins where possible [by @tsteur]
- #6035 Fix xhprof integration, install xhprof through composer and build xhprof through composer. [by @diosmosis]
- #6036 Enables code coverage reports using coveralls.io [by @sgiehl]
- #5924 Let Piwik admins run the `core:archive` through the browser
- #5952 Error when switching ‘report tables’ view of DBStats plugin to pie chart [by @tsteur]
- #5970 Unexpected hijacking user after clicking on sparkline and chart [by @tsteur]
- #5971 Unclear indication of current state of Real-time widget [by @tsteur]
- #5973 Lack of « Cancel » option when editing users [by @tsteur]
- #5993 Add FAQ to explain how to configure CORS Cross-origin resource sharing hosts
- #5990 Duplicated « create new goal » text
- #5995 Fix XHProf implementation [by @diosmosis, @tsteur, @mattab]
- #5997 Lacking label in « Create new Goal » view [by @tsteur]
- #6011 Find only components and settings of activated plugins [by @tsteur]
- #6012 Make ./console core:archive work on CGI (use case 1&1 hosting/managed server) [by @tsteur]
- #6013 /misc/cron/archive.php mistake web execution for command line [by @tsteur]
- #6024 Switch to composer for autoloading. [by @diosmosis, @tsteur]
- #6025 On version 2.5.0 under the « Event Actions » report, the second-level aggregate table is now showing « Unique Visitors », it used to be « Total Events » [by @tsteur]
- #6026 Goals condition and examples do not update when creating/editing a goal [by @tsteur]
- #6028 Field ‘location_browser_lang’ doesn’t have a default value In query [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #6030 Object of class Piwik\Plugins\Proxy\Controller could not be converted to string in core/FrontController.php on line 173 [by @mattab]
- #6038 Theming – changing font variable does not work [by @tsteur]
- #6043 fixed composer.json to download the same set of vendors as with use of c… [by @mgazdzik, @mattab]
- #6048 Refactor piwikApi angularjs object to allow aborting individual requests and all requests. [by @diosmosis]
- #6049 2.5.0 Upgrade – Breaks Visitor Log [by @tsteur]
- #6057 Bug in JSON renderer renders simple associative array as indexed array containing object. [by @diosmosis]
- #6059 Move translations from core to plugins and cache all plugin translations for better performance [by @tsteur]
- #6065 Cache list of Tracker plugins in tracker than config file [by @tsteur]
- #6066 Move JSON format bug fixes to new JSON2 format so existing clients will not fail. [by @diosmosis]
- #6067 at installation step 2, warning message: « GET request to piwik.php failed. » [by @mattab]
- #6070 When a Goal is matching a pattern containing <, >, ‘, » goal will not match [by @mattab]
- #6072 dynamically detect tracker plugins and cache them instead of using config [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #6084 Removing pre PHP 5.3 checks (SPL ArrayObject) [by @ThaDafinser, @mattab]
- #6086 2.6b1: API returned an error: Date format.. [by @diosmosis]
- #6092 After updating to 2.5.0 the plugin page don’t work [by @diosmosis]
- #6102 Processed report does not add all metrics to columns [by @tsteur]
- #6107 xhprof removed their composer.json file, adding it to our composer.json file so we can still use composer to manage xhprof [by @diosmosis]
- #6112 Fix getProcessedReport does not include all metrics in columns [by @tsteur]
- #6114 Norwegian Bokmål name is written wrong [by @sgiehl]
- #6117 [automatic translation update] Updated 129 strings in 6 languages (fa, tr, ru, cs, ja, nl) [by @sgiehl]
Did you know you can get involved in the project? Piwik needs you to create the best open analytics platform!