We are proud to announce Piwik 2.17.0: a new major release of Piwik!
This release brings a big new improvement to Piwik: now you can easily purchase premium paid plugins from the Marketplace directly within your Piwik. Simply purchase one or more plugins, enter your license key, and you’re done! All your Premium plugins can now be downloaded and installed in just one click just like any other free plugins.
7 tickets have been closed by 3 contributors!
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
- We can help you make the most of Piwik with our various services. Contact the professional Piwik team via Contact Support and we will get back to you.
- Checkout the new Premium plugins for Piwik on the Marketplace!
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 2.17.0 release there are New features: the ability for plugins to embed their own license file, and users can now click on the license name to open the license in a new window.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 70 plugins extending Piwik but we think this is just the beginning. Piwik is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated guides and FAQs
- New FAQ: How many users are registered on my Piwik?
- New Piwik Marketplace FAQs published
- New Terms and Conditions for the Piwik Marketplace (plugins.matomo.org)
- New contact form to contact the Marketplace team
- Blog post: Piwik Marketplace soon open for paid premium features
- New integration: PHP Client for Analytics API
- New FAQ: What are Premium plugins? How do they differ from open source/free plugins?
- New page: 1-click Installation & Update
- New page: Marketplace refund policy: 14 Day Money Back Guarantee
- New page: Safe & Secure Payments
New Premium Paid features
New Premium features have been published to the Marketplace and can now be purchased:
- Media Analytics (user guide): Advanced Video and Audio Analytics.
- A/B testing (user guide): A/B testing and experiments to grow your business.
- Activity Log: also known as audit log or audit trail, it lets you review actions performed by your users.
List of 7 tickets closed in Piwik 2.17.0
- #10737 Marketplace improvements: view, purchase and manage premium plugins [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10756 deprecate license_homepage plugin metadata and link to a LICENSE[.md|.txt] file if found [by @mattab]
- #10541 Allow for underscores in plugin names.
- #10755 when a plugin modifies piwik.js the system check will show a warning « File size mismatch: /storage/divezone/www/piwik/piwik.js (expected length: X, found: Y) » [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10766 Make sure to format percentages in Scheduled Reports [by @tsteur, @mattab]
- #10718 [automatic translation update] Updated 520 strings in 9 languages (tr, ar, da, de, es, ko, sq, nl, it) [by @sgiehl]
- #10742 [automatic translation update] Updated 395 strings in 32 languages (ko, ar, de, fr, pt-br, sq, bg, ca, cs, da, el, es, et, fa, fi, hi, id, it, ja, nb, nl, ro, ru, sk, sr, sv, ta, tl, tr, uk, vi, zh-cn) [by @sgiehl]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Piwik even more awesome by getting involved in Piwik!