We are proud to announce Matomo 4.12.2: a patch release of Matomo Analytics.
This release contains fixes to regressions discovered in the Matomo 4.12.0 and 4.12.1 releases, including performance improvements achieved by avoiding unnecessary, expensive queries, bug fixes on the new tracking opt out, and a minor security improvement to prevent possible XSS attacks by one super user account on another super user.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
15 tickets have been closed by more than 7 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to get professional support and guidance.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
There is one low impact security fix in this patch release to add missing escaping to prevent a Cross-site Scripting attack by a super user on another super user.
Our security bug bounty program welcomes & rewards researchers who discover and responsibly report to us any security issues found in Matomo or any of the plugins created by Matomo/InnoCraft.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Please make sure you read the Update Matomo guide for high traffic instances.
Need help upgrading Matomo?
List of 15 tickets closed in Matomo 4.12.1
- #19853 Goal visits log query performance improvement – don’t execute the query when no idVisits [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #19819 Ensure empty report tables also use max width [by @sgiehl]
- #19838 Avoid loading goals data multiple times for goal metrics [by @sgiehl, @bx80]
- #19833 Allow empty excludedReferrers on the global setting [by @peterhashair]
- #19863 Adds missing escaping [by @sgiehl, @peterhashair]
- #19768 Upgrade to Matomo 4.12 breaks Matomo when DeviceDetectorCache plugin is installed [by @peterhashair]
- #19870 Fix failures link to Learn More [by @PabloCastellano, @bx80]
- #19808 Visits Overview accessibility improvement – remove redundant information [by @audrasjb, @sgiehl]
- #19809 TourEngagement accessibility improvement – Remove redundant information [by @audrasjb, @sgiehl]
- #19817 Fix Referrers.getKeywordsFromSearchEngineId API for invalid subtable ids [by @sgiehl]
- #19869 PHP8 fix – Ensure data retention settings are respected [by @sgiehl, @bx80]
- #19841 Check downloaded referrer spam list for validity [by @sgiehl]
- #19827 Return correct parameter divId for JS opt-out [by @DevDavido, @sgiehl]
- #19852 Fix array to string conversion warning in userOptOut [by @bx80]
- #19861 Ensure password check can only throw wrong password error [by @sgiehl, @peterhashair]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!