We are proud to announce Matomo 4.11.0: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
This is another maintenance release improving the reliability and stability of Matomo, while also including a number of significant features and improvements. Exciting features we have added in Matomo 4.11.0 include new metrics and reports for tracking Goals, so you can easily see how each page contributed to goal conversion and revenue.
The ability to manage users in Matomo has been improved with our invite new users feature. Rather than adding a user manually, super users can now simply invite them by email.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
45 tickets have been closed by more than 16 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to get professional support and guidance.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
There are no significant security fixes in this release.
Our security bug bounty program welcomes & rewards researchers who discover and responsibly report to us any security issues found in Matomo or any of the plugins created by Matomo/InnoCraft.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 4.11.0 release there is a breaking API change where the user management UI no longer allows direct creation of a new user (with a password), a new config setting `force_matomo_http_request` and new PHP events for adding users via the new invite system. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 90 plugins already compatible with Matomo and this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Matomo team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
New guides and FAQs
- Manage users
- How to fix the error “Conversion with this timestamp and GCLID already exists”?
- How to fix error “Forbidden you do not have permission to access this resource”?
- How do I fix timeout errors when trying to create a user auth token?
- How do I decrease archiving memory usage when processing a large number of websites?
Need help upgrading Matomo?
List of 46 tickets closed in Matomo 4.11.0
- #13321 Invite new users in Matomo, rather than creating them directly [by @diosmosis, @peterhashair]
- #19081 Notify that requests to matomo.org will soon use HTTPS by default [by @peterhashair]
- #2030 Goal tracking: New Report « Top Landing Pages URLs/Titles » for each goal (and also « Pages where goals are triggered ») [by @bx80]
- #14974 Add Goals visualisation for Pages reports in behaviour category [by @bx80]
- #19206 Sparklines show correct data in all goals reports [by @sgiehl]
- #10716 Show sparkline evolution figures for visits, goals and ecommerce overviews [by @bx80]
- #11047 Add refresh / reload keyboard shortcut for visualizations (eg tables, pie, bar chart) [by @korve]
- #18809 Fix referrer attribution cookie not set if no tracking request is sent, resulting in wrong attribution [by @sgiehl]
- #19225 Fix error in php8.1 running console config:get command [by @sgiehl]
- #19421 Show a notification if PHP version is end of life [by @sgiehl]
- #19244 Ensure Safari browser shows the information notice [by @peterhashair]
- #19252 Fix anchor links issue within Matomo [by @sgiehl]
- #19275 Fix for undefined array index error when rendering sparklines [by @bx80]
- #18692 Fixes problem where dashboards can’t be copied to users in certain circumstances [by @peterhashair, @sgiehl]
- #19011 When a segment is shown, and no data is there, then show accurate error message when segment won’t be archived [by @peterhashair]
- #11046 Preserve rows to display on Visits overview (with graph)
- #19158 Improve memory management in DataTable/CSV [by @sgiehl]
- #19232 Take care to always ‘return request’ in appendAvailablePerformanceMetrics [by @danielpunkass, @sgiehl]
- #19239 Add utility function for pattern that issues a single AJAX request at a time [by @diosmosis, @peterhashair]
- #19245 Add 429 (rate limited) response code [by @JasonMortonNZ, @justinvelluppillai]
- #19268 Composer: Revise project type from « application » to « project » [by @pixelbrackets, @sgiehl]
- #484 Use correct async init method to detect when tracker is loaded [by @AltamashShaikh]
- #477 Allow dynamic height on Tag manager preview [by @korve, @AltamashShaikh]
- #481 « Observe DOM changes » in Visibility Trigger causes JS error on load [by @AltamashShaikh]
- #70 Add current PHP versions to Travis CI tests [by @pixelbrackets, @sgiehl]
- #71 Fix build badge and remove failing images in Travis CI tests [by @pixelbrackets, @sgiehl]
- #335 Import fails when Referrer field is not present using Regex format [by @kuzi-moto]
- #336 Set referrer to empty string if it doesn’t exist [by @kuzi-moto, @sgiehl]
- #103 More virtualization of MatomoTracker class [by @Demichev]
- #1322 Add katrd.xyz [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #7111 Detect new brands: Sylvania, Future Mobile Technology, MBI, OUJIA, Qware and Detect devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7112 Detect httplib2 [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7117 Adds detection for Tesla Browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7118 Adds detection for Patchwatch, WhereGoes [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7119 Adds detection for various apps and improves version detection for Windows [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7120 Improves detection for Tesla, Xiaomi devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7121 Improvement of condition for detection the platform when using clienthints [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7122 Detect devices for existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak]
- #7123 Adds detection for InternetMeasurement, masscan-ng bots [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7124 Adds detection for Sidekick and Wave Browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7125 Improves version detection for iOS and improves detection for Opera GX [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7126 Adds detection for various bots [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #7128 Detect new brands: AFFIX, Listo, Aquarius and Detect devices for several existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak]
- #7130 Detect devices for existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7131 Detect devices for existing brands and Detect Pi Browser [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #7133 Detect devices for existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!