We are proud to announce Matomo 4.1.1: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
There are few small improvements in the user experience. Every report in Matomo now has a report description (we’ll keep improving the help messages over time). Have you recently tried to click the « Change period » button under your Evolution graphs? It now works as you’d expect it to and you can easily see your metrics over time by day, week, month or year.
This release also includes fixes for regressions (and some minor bugs), including one where reports processing was not working in some cases when a segment was applied. And more devices are now detected.
A new plugin has also been published called Tracking Spam prevention, to help prevent Visits and Pageviews spam. Get the free and open source Tracking Spam Prevention plugin from the Marketplace. This plugin offers various options to prevent spammers and bots from making your data inaccurate so you can rely on your data again.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
61 tickets have been closed by more than 13 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to get professional support and guidance.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this release there is a changed config.ini.php settings. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 90 plugins already compatible with Matomo and this is just the beginning. Matomo is your universal data analytics platform!
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Matomo team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
New plugins and theme
By the Matomo team and InnoCraft:
By third party artists:
- Modern Theme for Matomo
Need help upgrading Matomo?
List of 61 tickets closed in Matomo 4.1.1
- #16792 Have a report description for every report [by @sgiehl]
- #16793 Admin menu should be collapsible for admins/super users [by @sgiehl]
- #16794 Add feature to ignore traffic of Cloud providers – prevent spam tracking
- #16394 Looping with filter_limit and filter_offset does not always get all visits [by @sgiehl]
- #17052 Anonymise IP when sending feedback through Matomo UI [by @sgiehl]
- #16766 Add regular expression support to list of user agents to exclude [by @nina-py, @diosmosis]
- #16965 Add imprint URL to Template.pageFooter
- #14149 Evolution graphs: « Change period » feature to show historical up to the very last period within the selected date range [by @diosmosis]
- #15241 Limit max execution time for all SQL queries executed during report archiving [by @sgiehl]
- #16371 Remove the incorrect tooltips in Visitors > Overview [by @sgiehl]
- #16938 File Integrity Issues after Upgrade
- #16999 4.1.0 Data from « Channel Types » and others are showing Yesterday’s data while some other part are showing today’s data [by @sgiehl]
- #17004 Better fix for climulti segment encoding bug [by @diosmosis]
- #17015 Matomo doesn’t respect SMTP Encryption Method setting [by @sgiehl]
- #17026 Password recovery SMTP email configuration [by @sgiehl]
- #17074 –skip-idsites argument to core:archive works like –force-idsites in 4.x [by @diosmosis]
- #16742 Use `hiddenkeyword` for Search engines by default
- #17059 Ensure no longer used node module files are removed on update [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #17064 updates device detector to latest 4.1.0 [by @sgiehl]
- #11806 Segmented visitor log does not load any content when the Outlink URL or Download URL contains an ampersand [by @sgiehl]
- #15238 going to ‘All Websites’ dashboard and selecting a date range and clicking a site results in error message [by @sgiehl]
- #16847 The parameter ‘confirmPassword’ isn’t set in the Request [by @sgiehl]
- #17003 Error when viewing Page performance report with « Date Range » [by @sgiehl]
- #17036 [automatic translation update] Updated 116 strings in 6 languages (ru da el zh-tw tr sv) [by @github-actions[bot], @sgiehl]
- #17065 [automatic translation update] Updated 73 strings in 34 languages (ru de es da pt-br el ro ko bg be zh-cn pt cs vi id ca pl ja it ar uk nl nb es-ar fr zh-tw tr tl lv fa sq sr fi sv) [by @github-actions[bot], @sgiehl]
- #17067 Text error in German translation -> « oderr »
- #16661 add href in link in update message email [by @aloxe, @diosmosis]
- #16802 Let users configure a max actions per visit that should be recorded (available in TrackingSpamPrevention plugin)
- #16849 Don’t accept files that are bigger than the upload limit when uploading plugins [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #16927 After updating to 4.0.5, plugin file VisitsByDaysSinceLastVisit.php is not deleted [by @sgiehl]
- #16935 Version 4 can break websites with a Content Security Policy [by @tsteur]
- #17009 always send an « Accept-Encoding » header with HTTP requests [by @Findus23, @diosmosis]
- #17021 Make “Compare To” translatable [by @c960657, @diosmosis]
- #17061 Rename piwik to matomo in uninstall script [by @mattab, @diosmosis]
- #296 –force-all-periods is not supported and –force-date-last-n only applies to new segments [by @diosmosis, @sgiehl]
- #6472 Adds detection for Chim Lạc browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #6473 Adds detection for PlayFree Browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #6474 Adds detection for SFive browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #6483 Adds detection for Navigateur Web [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #6486 Adds detection for SeewoOS operating system [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #6522 Improves macOS and iOS detection and version detection [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6539 Improves Blink engine version detection [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6545 Detect new brands: Helio, Winmax, SPC and Detect devices for existing brands: Maxwest, Condor, Zuum, Echo Mobiles, General Mobile, Beelink, ZTE, DEXP, HTC, Highscreen, Huawei, MiXzo, DNS, Coolpad, Jinga, Contixo, Santin, Elephone, EvroMedia, Twoe, Artel, Blu, Konrow, Teclast, Huawei, Sharp, Gigabyte, Lenovo, Navon [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6547 Adds detection for watchOS and Apple watches [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6548 Adds detection for Odin browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #6549 Detect new brands: Zebra, Bkav, Brandt, Bigben, Thuraya, Artizlee, Asanzo, SMARTEC and Detect devices for existing brands: TechPad, Tele2, Savio, Blu, Wortmann, Black Fox, Aiwa, iBall, FireFly Mobile, Vestel, Huawei, SPC, LG, Logicom, iVA, Pixus [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6553 Detect new brands: Mintt, Premio, Trifone and Detect devices for existing brands: Accent, Contixo, Cherry Mobile, Avvio, Konrow, Clarmin, Bush, Blaupunkt, Hometech, Ace, iPro, Mobicel, Kivi, Lava, Phonemax, Plum, Apple [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6554 Detect new brands: Bluewave, Poppox, Viumee, VAIO and Detect devices for existing brands: Kyocera, Casper, Condor, Lenovo, Vivax, Alcatel, Accent, Asus, iView, Polaroid, Kivi, BBK, Denver, Sky, Starmobile, iPro, X-TIGI, Vonino, True, Bluedot, HTC, Panasonic, Sharp, Huawei [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6555 Detect new brands: Diva, Oale, Zentality, Black Bear, OpelMobile Fortis and Detect devices for existing brands: BQ, Sky, Blu, Alfawise, TWM, Mobo, Jinga, iHunt, Alcatel, Teclast, Lenovo, AllDocube, Wiko, iSWAG, Zuum, LG, Mediacom, Samsung, Huawei, Maxwest, Elephone, Vorke [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6559 Adds detection for Whale OS [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6560 Adds detection for T-Browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #6561 Adds detection for Digihome, Finlux, Hitachi, Hotel, JVC, Linsar, Luxsor, Nordmende, Salora, Techwood, Westpoint, X.Vision, ALDI SÜD, Celcus TVs and improves detection for Philips, Bush, Polaroid, TCL, Kalley TVs [by @liviuconcioiu, @sanchezzzhak]
- #6562 Adds detection for MIPS architecture [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6563 Adds detection for SuperH architecture [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6565 Update README.md [by @github-actions[bot], @sgiehl]
- #6567 Detect FydeOS [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6568 Detect apps: Instapaper, Keeper Password Manager, WeChat Share Extension, Skyeng Teachers [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6569 Detect new brands: NuAns, Koolnee, Yoka TV, Sansui, Sico, Smadl, FarEasTone, Smailo, Tymes, Solone and Detect devices for existing brands: ZTE, Eltex, Cherry Mobile, Motorola, BQ, Ulefone, Mobicel, Orange, Homtom, Huawei, Voyo, Mecool, Invin, Meizu, Vsun, Karbonn, iBall, öwn, Vulcan, Thomson, Blu, Iris, iMars and Detect app: Kik [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6571 Detect bots: Nimbostratus Bot, Heart Rails Capture, Notify Ninja, Project Resonance, DataXu and Detect client libs: WinHttpRequest, Jakarta Commons-HttpClient and Detect feed readers: NetNewsWire [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6573 Improvements Podcast clients [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6574 Detect new brands: Colors, Electroneum, Honeywell, High Q, IKU Mobile, Magnus, Pluzz and Detect devices for existing brands: Premio, Kzen, Casper, Timovi, Umax, Allview, Avvio, Cloudfone, AVH, Sky, Energizer, Xolo, Hyundai, Mobicel, Accent, EXO, Cherry Mobile, ProScan, Concord, Polytron, Polaroid, Positivo BGH, Primux, Prixton, Vsun [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!