We are proud to announce Matomo 3.13.5: a new release of Matomo Analytics.
In this new release we solve a few more performance issues and improve the overall reliability of Matomo at scale. There are several performance improvements in the archiving process. One recently introduced bug causing fast growth in database size has been fixed, and your database might reduce in size (significantly in some cases) in the hours or days following the upgrade. In the UI, the Segment Editor tool will now suggest segment values from processed reports and will not cause heavy database load anymore (especially an issue for high traffic websites).
In terms of bugs, we fixed a Tracking API bug where the Bulk tracking requests were not tracked in some cases (especially when using Content Tracking feature). In the UI we also fixed a few minor issues: when comparing segments, when opening popovers, or when loading additional visits in visitor profile.
Many new devices were added as well as a few new referrer spammers, to keep your reports as accurate as possible.
We are grateful for all community members who reported feedback and suggestions, our awesome team of translators for their work, and our Premium features customers and Matomo Cloud hosting customers for their amazing support.
72 tickets have been closed by more than 14 contributors!
After You Update
- Please help us spread the word! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk at conferences or let your friends and colleagues know what is Matomo. Already 1,000,000+ websites are keeping full control of their web analytics with Matomo!
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
or purchase a Support Plan to make the most of your Matomo Analytics and get professional support.
- To improve Matomo in your language consider contributing to translations.
- You can also support our efforts by purchasing valuable Premium Features for Matomo or try our Matomo Cloud solution.
Note: This release contains some minor database queries that will run quickly. (The SQL queries are not listed in the upgrader screen.)
Matomo is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Matomo developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release. In this release there is a minor new API (event) introduced. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs.
New and updated SDKs (Tracking API Clients)
The Matomo team offers official SDKs (Tracking API Clients) for measuring your mobile apps and any other kind of apps.
New and updated guides and FAQs
List of 72 tickets closed in Matomo 3.13.5
- #15831 Archive Blob Tables bloating in size
- #15545 Deadlock found when trying to get lock [by @tsteur]
- #15732 Faster segmented suggested values when browser archiving is disabled [by @tsteur]
- #15747 Archiving status: Reexpire lock only when needed [by @diosmosis]
- #15853 Make sure to increase time limit when archiving [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #15727 Archiving specific date via console won’t take date as argument. [by @sgiehl]
- #15750 Fix displaying of actions when loading additional visits in visitor profile [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis]
- #15724 Add possibility to silently stop the archiver without an error [by @tsteur]
- #15757 Update device detector to latest 3.12.4 [by @sgiehl]
- #15644 no popup graph shown after the first in page titles report
- #15740 Pagetitle reports « Page Name not defined » although all PageViews do have a title (action_name) [by @tsteur]
- #15764 Realtime visitors « visitsTotal »-div is inserted multiple times [by @sgiehl]
- #15773 Notifications with the same id might not be shown at all [by @sgiehl]
- #15784 Force POST for bulk requests, fix alwaysUseSendBeacon not respected for bulk requests [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #15809 Fix problem when comparing segments or opening popovers [by @sgiehl]
- #15688 Ensure stringify/parse is a function [by @tsteur]
- #15696 Better handling of processing uniques for multiple sites [by @tsteur]
- #15729 Codespell report for « Matomo » (on fossies.org)
- #15746 Fix inconsistent usage of segment idSites [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #15769 Revert detect page view bucket [by @tsteur, @diosmosis]
- #15770 One click update in two parts so new code is loaded for second. [by @diosmosis]
- #15779 Avoid possible error subtable already exists but not loaded [by @tsteur]
- #15785 Make sure to always set JSON_PIWIK to native JSON when possible [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #15798 Make sure to clean up tracking failures before sending email notification [by @tsteur, @sgiehl]
- #15800 purge all old archives regardless of done value [by @diosmosis, @tsteur]
- #15808 Add more parameters to the computeNbUnique event [by @tsteur]
- #6170 Problem detecting Twitter App on iOS
- #6203 Improves detection for Alcatel, Allview, Casper, Condor, Crosscall, Doogee, Lanix, OnePlus, Orange, Ulefone, UMIDIGI, Wiko devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6205 Adds detection for TV Bro Browser and devices of Shift Phones, RugGear, Aligator, Maxcom, Luna and some existing brands [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6206 Adds detection for Oukitel devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6207 Adds detection for Ace device [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6210 Santin BiTBiZ incorrect brand name
- #6211 Fix brand Santin name and added other models [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6215 What type of device to use in motamo? if the device is a smartwatch
- #6216 Adds detection for Razer device [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6217 Detect devices for brands: iBall, Irbis, Motorola, Huawei, Casper, Qysters, Protruly, RegGear, Runbo, Telefunken, JFone, Ritmix, IconBIT, Samsung, LG, Acer, Assistant, Vonino, UMIDIGI, Philips, Krüger&Matz, Uhans, Overmax, ArmPhone [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6218 Adds detection for Goanna browser engine [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6219 Adds detection for Amazon devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6220 Adds detection for Grundig devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6221 Adds detection for Insignia devices [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6222 Adds detection for Element device [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6226 Add surf browser [by @J5lx, @sgiehl]
- #6229 Adds detection for XenForo service agent [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6231 Update README.md [by @github-actions[bot], @sgiehl]
- #6232 Adds detection for Google Duplex on the Web bot [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6234 Adds detection for GTmetrix crawler [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6235 Tests run failed for another lib matthiasmullie\scrapbook\src\Adapters\MemoryStore
- #6236 Adds detection for new brands iGet, Soyes, Zfiner and Zidoo and some other devices [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6239 Adds detection for new brands iVa, Phicomm, Gome, Voyo, Huadoo, Ryte, Vontar and some other devices [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6240 Adds detection for Mypal browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6241 Adds detection for Centaury browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6242 Adds detection for Arctic Fox browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6243 Fix Basilisk browser rendering engine [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6246 Adds detection for Atom browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6247 Improves detection for Avast Secure Browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6254 Adds detection for 115 Browser [by @liviuconcioiu, @sgiehl]
- #6257 Detect mobile app Twitter [by @sanchezzzhak, @sgiehl]
- #6258 Add support for AspiegelBot, a new Huawei spider [by @tomtaylor, @sgiehl]
- #1189 add celestepage.xyz [by @Wingo5315, @spmedia]
- #1190 Four more Referrerspammer [by @bpmusicDE, @spmedia]
- #1192 More spammers [by @AaronVanGeffen, @spmedia]
- #1193 Add ptfic.org [by @ericguirbal, @spmedia]
- #1194 Remove from list vk.com
- #1195 Update spammers.txt [by @spmedia]
- #1196 Add sneakerfreaker.com [by @lucasnetau, @spmedia]
- #235 Fix possible error on PHP 7.4 [by @sgiehl, @tsteur]
We are together creating the best open analytics platform in the world. You can help make Matomo even more awesome by getting involved in Matomo!